8.09.2008

Girls Camp






So I am the Mia Maid advisor and this week it was girls camp and I got to go. We went on Tuesday up to Lake Lyman(clear in the crap up by Wyoming). It is so funny to be an adult and go to girls camp I had to try and figure out how to be the adult in the situation since I was not ever the best camper when I was at girls camp. It was really fun though I stayed up all hours of the night playing games and just chatting with the girls. The funny thing was while I was up there I got called one of the young women about eight times two of the times I was getting in trouble-I tried to explain to them that I am almost 28 years old with two children and no one believed me it started to get a little crazy. There are canoes for the girls to go on the lake
and acrost the lake there are camp grounds, so the girls went out on the boats and as the rounded the corner a boat full of boys came out with a pirate sign that they had made and splashed the girls it was hilarious. It was a ton of fun but I missed JBJ and the kids so much! Thanks to Brittany for being my kids surrogate mother while I was gone-you are so awesome.

2 Words of genius:

Mackey Family said...

Yeah! Thanks for posting this. I'm still so sad that I wasn't able to go, but I knew the girls were in good hands.
Thanks for all you do for the girls in our ward. You are AWESOME!!

mikkilynn said...

That brings back some fun memories of us going to girls' camp...ya know, the advisors sitting there drinking their pepsi while we starved...good times.