2.13.2010

Elementary Valentines Day=AWESOME!




Does anyone remember how awesome valentines day was in elementary? I do, and I bet everyone can guess what my favorite part was-if you guessed the boxes that everyone put your valentines in-then you win a gold star. To my dismay the first 2 years of Pacey's elementary life they did not do these boxes-which makes no sense because he attends an art school-but whatever. Well this year to my delight he came home with a paper saying that they were to bring a decorated boxes and to make it even better there was going to be a competetion with prizes involved(we are not competitive at all). I decided that-oh I mean we-me and Pacey decided to make a robot, he glued a couple of things on so we can count that as helping.

4 Words of genius:

Kristin said...

so much fun! This was one of my very favorites in elementary school. My cute Mom still makes the grandkids a valentine's box and puts their gifts inside..I love it!

dani said...

seriously awesome! he better have won the big prize! valentines day was awesome in grade school. did a cheerleader come and give you a carnation this year?

Kristie said...

Whoa, marlee I forgot all about the Valentines day boxes. Hello! Eva's classmates each made a lame pink envelope and then everyone just went over one at a time and dropped a valentine in. pretty spectacular. It turned out to be a loser day for me as a parent, because I learned that sometimes i have to actually listen to Eva. She told me that boys don't want to get a tinkerbell valentine. and I said "they know it's from a girl, so they can just deal with it." She came home crying because a boy she was becoming friends with was really rude about it and really embarrassed her. good one mom, way to listen. :(

I love the robot, did he win?

Anonymous said...

He's so cute :P I used to love making boxes too. Ah, the memories :P

Btw, Dani wanted me to give you your carnation... It's from a secret admirer :P