11.07.2008

An open letter to my kids

Dear Tenley and Pacey,
I wanted to take a second to write you a letter about my feelings. It is such an amazing period in your history and mine I have to talk about it. You are an American and that means that you are free to do and be whatever you want! Three days ago I am very proud to say that America has even come as far as to have a black president-it is one of the huge barriers that has finally been broken and I am proud to be an American. Now when you learn about Martin Luther King in school and you hear him say those famous words "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character" and now you will see that it is true, and you can do anything that you want to do and we can all be tolerant of everyone. I love you both and want you to know that you can be whatever makes you happy in this life.
I love you
Love your mom

1 Words of genius:

dani said...

what a neat letter to your kids. i am proud to be an american too.